CORE PSYCHIATRY E-BOOK
- Ficha técnica
- SAUNDERS LTD.
A new edition of a highly successful, award winning textbook for trainee psychiatrists, covering in one volume all the subjects required for the new MRCPsych and similar exams. Written in a highly engaging manner, it will also prove invaluable to qualified psychiatrists who need to keep up-to-date with the latest developments, as well as clinical psychologists, general practitioners, psychiatric nurses and senior medical students
Concise yet comprehensive, Core Psychiatry relfects the latest developments in the curriculum plus all that is new and essential in clinical practice and the sciences that underpin it. It includes new information on the new Mental Capacity Act and Mental Health Act as well as enhanced sections on psychopharmacology, old age psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, forensic psychiatry and rehabilitation. The book also makes refernce to the latest NICE guidelines and includes new sections on sleep medicine and trauma psychiatry.
- New edition of a popular MRCPsych curriculum based text
- Previous edition ?Highly Commended? (Mental Health category) in the BMA Awards 2005
- Contains useful summary boxes, lists and key points to make last minute learning easy
- Comprehensive and authoritative resource written by contributors to ensure complete accuracy and currency of specialist information
- Chapters prepared by specialists working in conjunction with trainees ? content totally up-to-date and jointly written by authors who have recently been in the exam situation
- Contains the latest findings in sleep medicine and trauma psychiatry
- Expanded section on psychology ? including social psychology ? to reflect the latest MRCPych examination format
- Text updated in full to reflect the new Mental Capacity Act and Mental Health Act
- Relevant chapters now contain a ?skills and competency? section to reflect changes in MRCPsych curriculum
- Updating and amendments to improve coverage of old age psychiatry, child and adolescent psychiatry, forensic psychiatry and rehabilitation
- Contains reference to the latest NICE guidelines in boxes and tables
- Enhanced discussion of the use of the best current management options, both pharmacological and psychotherapeutic, the latter including CBT, DBT, EMDR and psychodynamic group, couple and family therapy.